A few weeks back I delivered a presentation on connecting Silverlight to services (web, SOAP, REST, etc.) as well as some practical real-world offline caching of data.
Here was the actual agenda from the slides:
- “Wiring” up a Silverlight 2.0 application to a bunch of services
- Demonstrations of leveraging WCF, ASP.NET Data Services/REST, XML
- How you can quickly bind data through XAML in a pain-free manner.
- A glimpse into the designer/developer workflow
- Some discussions on differences you’ll notice from WPF.
- A hands-on demo of the tools you’ll use in SL development
- Some other stuff (LINQ, Lambda expressions, type inference, blah blah blah blah)
- Working with IsolatedStorage in an attempt to have this thing work offline